Marvel's Spider-Man

Arturo

Marvel's Spider-Man

Marvel’s Spider-Man is an action-adventure game which is developed by Insomniac Games and is published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The game is based on the Marvel Comics superhero Spider-Man. The game was first released on the platform PlayStation 4 in 2018.

The game is played in the third person, with a focus on Spider-Man traversal and combat abilities. By continuing through the main story and activities, players can freely wander throughout New York City, interacting with characters, completing missions, and unlocking new devices and outfits. Combat gameplay centers on chaining attacks together and making use of the environment and webs to incapacitate several enemies while avoiding damage.

The main plot revolves around Mister Negative, a superhuman crime lord who plots to take control of New York City's criminal underworld. In order to prevent him from releasing a terrible virus, Spiderman must fight him and defend the city. The plot is completely original, and it has nothing to do with the plot of the movie or the plot of the comics.

The map is extremely beautiful. And it even includes some of the special buildings which only existed in the Marvel world such as Avengers tower. That makes this game include more Marvel elements.
Besides the amazing New York City, the gameplay and feeling of traversing by the cobweb through the whole city are excellent and enjoyable. As it is not only traversing by just pressing a button, it also requires players’ techniques in order to travel faster and higher between buildings. For instance, if players want to travel faster, players need to let go of the cobweb when they start traveling from the bottom to upward again then make another cobweb towards another building. Even though the game includes fast travel, seldom do I use this function as traversing by cobweb through the whole city is more enjoyable especially since there are numerous buildings beside both sides. Also, I can enjoy the view and design of the city too.

Furthermore, the combat system is well developed too. Players are not only able to punch and dodge, but also able to use diversified skills and gadgets. That makes the combat fun and powerful. Players need to use different skills in different situations. For example, players need to use cobwebs to web up a foe in order to kill the long-range enemies first. Also, there will be several waves of enemies in each battle. In each wave, there will be more than one type of enemy in order to make the fight more intense and exciting. Players are able to unlock more suits based on the storyline progress. Each suite has its own abilities. For example, an advanced suit helps to charge the focus meter faster, a noir suit makes enemies unable to call for backup in a short period of time and a stark suit provides a small spider drone as support. Players are able to equip those abilities into other suits too which makes players select the outfit they want. And unlocking abilities and suits can enrich the possibilities of defeating enemies in combat.

Marvel's Spider-Man is a must-play especially for players who like superheroes. While I am playing the game, it makes me feel like I am the superhero Spider-Man.